This map has an asymmetrical layout that unlike any other map currently in the game, initially starts both teams on spawn platforms that contain a Jump Pad each that leads to the main battleground.
The dark world known as the Abyss is the home of demonic and destructive entities such as Raum and the creature that destroyed the village of Seris. This map in particular appears to be located within the Seas of Despair.
This surrounds the outside perimeter of the map, making champions with knockback abilities ideal for easy eliminations. Champions that lack flight/teleportation abilities are susceptible to being launched off the map without having any sort of means for recovery...
They exist in 3 locations on the map;
- 2 on the initial spawn platforms
- 1 on the map itself near one of the spawn area for the full ultimate powerup.
Functionality-wise, they will propel any champion that touches them into the air in the direction they were moving upon contact.
A special pickup that grants full ultimate charge will spawn at a specific location on the map. It respawns 60 seconds after being picked up.
- Provides 100% Ultimate Charge to the Champion who picks it up
- Initially spawns 40 seconds into the match.
- Respawns every 60 seconds when picked up.
- The special ultimate power-up that spawns on this map (and Dragon Arena) is similar to the Pyre Blessing pickups that spawned in Rise of Furia, though in the event, each pickup only provided 7% ultimate charge. Due to this, and the same symbol appearing at the end of Azaan's teaser trailer, it's assumed these power-ups are also related to the Pyre.
- The various statues around the map appear to be of the same creatures that are present in Furia's splash art.
- They originally wielded swords, as can be seen here.
- Two even more massive statues appear far in the distance on both corners of the map, with one being so large no details can be made out, and all that can be seen is a giant fog obscured head. That is, it's assumed these are statues.
- What appears to be the Rise of Furia map can be seen in the various purple crystals around the map, some examples of which can be seen here and here.
- This map appears in Soul-Stealer Furia's splash art.