This map has mirrored layouts and is designed for 2 teams of 5 players. There is a Capture Point in the middle. The bases are located at opposite ends of the map.
Trials of the Realm Bio:
"The sacred site where Jenos ascended to the heavens and communed with the Cosmos. The mountain is home to a great many faithful and serves as a destination for pilgrims, as well as a refuge for the lost."
Ascension Peak is the mountain Jenos climbed centuries ago. After stepping into the stars, a group of loyal followers and monks were left behind; Buck would later climb Ascension Peak as a monk as well.
When Jenos returned, news spread quickly, eventually reaching House Aico. Khan, the Primus of House Aico was sent to recruit Jenos to their ranks, but they were refused. They retaliated by putting Ascension Peak under siege, though they were eventually defeated by the Resistance.
This information comes from Jenos' bio, as well as the Siege of Ascension Peak lore cinematic.
The waters that surround this map are deadly to the touch and have the same kill mechanics as those of a cliff ledge, making champions with knockback abilities ideal for easy eliminations. Champions that lack flight/teleportation abilities are susceptible to being launched off the map without having any sort of means for recovery...
- Occasionally, one can see Flying Whales pass by the map, as can be seen here.
- As stated here, Tiberius and Tigrons, in general, have links to Ascension Peak.
- Though this map's layout is mirrored, each side is decorated slightly uniquely, with one side of the map featuring moon and hare imagery, a general store, and a tea house, while the other side features scorpion and sun imagery, a food store, and an art house, with the moon and hare imagery being combined with the sun and scorpion imagery on the capture point.
- This map seemingly appears in Tiberius' cards World-Traveler and Alley-Cat.
- This map also appears in Rei's splash art, and by extension, also appears in the splash art of her Harvest and Golden skins.
- This map could be played in the test map queue as Sunken City before release.