The Assembly of Champions is a player advocacy group consisting of members democratically elected by the community to assist Evil Mojo in the continuous development of Paladins. The Assembly brings focused, structured feedback from the community to Evil Mojo, representing all players’ interests across multiple demographics and serving as a branch of the development team.
While Evil Mojo will continue to work with the community at large every day, the Assembly serves as a focused advisory council that represents the player base at a much earlier stage in the development cycle. We will discuss ideas, theory and design approaches, and potential features for Paladins - including subjects that may never be further developed or released. We will talk about the substance of features and design concepts in detail, as well as the impact they may have on Paladins. Assembly of Champions delegates will be privy to early-stage information about potential upcoming features and can help shape the game’s future development.
Benefits of Membership
All elected members of the Assembly of Champions will receive the following:
- Acceptance into the Paladins Partner Program
- Free admission to Hi-Rez Expo
- Assembly of Champions Avatar and Title in-game
- A tag on official game forums indicating council position
- Reddit flair indicating council position
- Flight and travel to the annual Summit at Evil Mojo in Atlanta, GA
The first council will sit for a term of 12 months, from approximately February 2019 to February 2020. The 2020 council will sit for a term of 12 months, from January 2020 to January 2021
Members of the council may apply for successive elections and there is no limit to the number of times they may be elected. In cases of Code of Conduct breaches or other Player Council Participation Agreement violations, members of the council may be dismissed. In cases where a member resigns or is dismissed from the council before the end of their term, the candidate with the next highest number of votes that wasn’t elected may be asked to join the council.
Meeting Schedule, Flow, and Communication
Assembly meetings are held bi-weekly via conference call. Meetings cover a variety of topics related to ongoing development, including both released and upcoming content. Following a meeting agenda, Evil Mojo requests the council’s feedback on development priorities and the long term roadmap for Paladins. The development team asks questions, shares and discuss options, and works with the Assembly to understand community sentiment on various topics.
We encourage delegates to bring AoC topics back to their constituency to discuss, but some subjects may fall under the NDA and cannot yet be shared with the community at large. When applicable, Evil Mojo will note which meeting topics and details are confidential.
Each council member on the Assembly of Champions will be expected to participate in:
- Regular communications with the player community and the game’s development team;
- Regular remote council meetings to discuss community feedback and game development; and
- An annual summit, where council members will travel to Evil Mojo Games to attend several days of sessions and workshops. The annual summit during the 2020 term will be held in the summer of 2020.
Code of Conduct
As representatives of the community, members of the council are expected to be active, engaging, and respectful. This includes without limitation abiding by the following requirements:
- Members of the Assembly of Champions are expected to engage in discussion with Evil Mojo and other council members in a professional and constructive manner.
- Members of the Assembly are expected to respect their Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) at all times and keep the ongoing discussion with Evil Mojo private unless cleared to do so by Evil Mojo.
- Members of the Assembly must follow the EULA and TOS at all times.
- Members of the Assembly are expected to maintain a reasonable level of activity with the Assembly and may not miss more than three meetings in a row unless a reasonable explanation is given.
Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct can result in early dismissal from the Assembly.
- be at least 18 years of age (or at least the legal age of majority in applicant’s jurisdiction of residence if such age is greater than 18),
- be active in the game for at least the last six months,
- have the ability to communicate in conversational English (written and oral),
- be capable of traveling to the United States for the annual summit (for citizens of countries other than the United States, this may require an active passport and/or visa), and
- be in compliance with, and have no prior violations of, all Hi-Rez policies, terms, and conditions which apply to applicant, including without limitation the EULA and TOS (collectively, the “Hi-Rez Documentation”).
Applicants cannot be:
- a current or former employee or otherwise currently contracted by Hi-Rez Studios or any of its affiliates,
- a current professional Paladins player, or
- anyone who has been banned from a Hi-Rez game or received any other form of disciplinary action from Hi-Rez within the last six months.
Members of the Assembly of Champions
2019 Assembly Representatives
2020 Assembly Representatives
2021 Assembly Representatives
More information can be found here: Assembly of Champions