This map is one of the few maps with a rotated layout, unlike most maps, having a mirrored layout. The map has a unique design, with the two sides having different appearances that distinguishes them. Like all other siege maps, There is a Capture Point in the middle. The bases are located at opposite ends of the map.
Long ago, the moon was once whole, until a mysterious force from beyond the realm would shatter it. Shards of the moon fell to the planet below, and where they landed, life around them was destroyed; all but one. A group of followers came together, building the town of Bazaar around this unique shard. For their goddess, Io, they would care and protect her, praising and vowing to serve her. A group of warriors would come together to prevent the force that had shattered the moon from unleashing destruction onto the realm as well. Things were peaceful.
Until one day, the Magistrate approached. Sensing the power of the shards, they believed they could utilize this force to end the war with the Resistance once and for all. A battle would break out between the Magistrate and Resistance, and with the help of the time traveler Atlas, and the eventual assistance of Io herself, the Magistrate would be repelled, one of their leading officers severely injured.
Though the Magistrate had been repelled, deep in the Shattered Desert, the warriors devoted to protecting the seals would begin to fall. Soon there was only one left. Believing her goddess to have abandoned her, the warrior would release the seals, using the power of the chaos within to bring forth the end of the realm. She would return to Bazaar, as her first order of business was revenge on the goddess who had abandoned her, destroying her statue and at some point prior or after, coming into conflict with the time traveler aiming to stop her, Atlas, and his father from the present day, Lex.
As can be seen in Trials of the Realm, as well as the official map of the Realm, Bazaar is part of a larger area known as the 'Lunar Coast', alongside the Shattered Desert, Ascension Peak, and the Thousand Hands Guild.
This map has three doors on each side, which only open for the respective team. These doors are marked in the team colours blue or red as an indicator for which team the door will open. After the door is opened, the opposing team has two seconds to run through the door before it closes again. In certain places, champions with vertical abilities can overcome these doors.
- Bazaar was attacked during the summer, as revealed here.
- This map appears in many of Io and Yagorath's cards, Vora's cards Crimson Ascent and False Idol, and Octavia's card Entrenched.
- Io, Vora, and Yagorath's teaser trailers feature this map.
- As shown here, the center statue of Io was possibly going to be in a somewhat more dynamic pose, and wielding a more standard bow and arrow, as in line with Io's early concepts.
- Numerous other early concepts for this map show many different designs, some from before the level layout was settled on. As mentioned here, some early ideas for the map included that of a ruined temple.
- This map could be played in the test map queue as Thrones before release.