The Darkness (also known as The Maw) is a large, universe-subsuming threat from beyond the Realm that eats and spreads, spawning foul abominations with the strength of a dozen common men and will wipe out both the Resistance and Magistrate in the lost future of the Realm.
The Darkness is not of the moon, or even from the Realm at all, but ends up harbored in shards of the moon after colliding with it. Once Jenos ascended into the stars, he was told of the Darkness by the moon.
Most of the information on the Darkness comes from The Fight of the Shattered Desert story.
Known Members[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As revealed here, the Darkness does not necessarily think of itself as evil. As expanded on here, Yagorath in particular views the other characters as food, or as though she's stepping on ants.
- As stated here and here, Yagorath is not the entirety of the Darkness, but both separate and only a part of it.
- According to Yagorath (▶️), there are many more creatures of the Darkness.
- The Darkness is not a deity, as stated by Yagorath herself (▶️).
- As implied by Yagorath (▶️), the Darkness is far older than the ancient Makoa.
- As shown here, it's unclear what the Darkness' true name is.
- As stated here, the liquid inside the vials sent to influencers to promote Vora were samples of the Darkness sent by Atlas.
- As shown in Vora's reveal trailer, the Darkness was located underneath the point of Shattered Desert.
- Atlas' reveal trailer showed the Darkness shard aboveground, rather than underneath as portrayed in Vora's trailer. It's unknown the reason for this. However, Vora's bio suggests the existence of multiple seals against the Darkness, so it's possible the shard seen in Atlas' trailer is not the same one seen in Vora's trailer.