This map has mirrored layouts and is designed for 2 teams of 5 players. There is a Capture Point in the middle. The bases are located at opposite ends of the map.
Trials of the Realm Bio:
These can be found only on the flank routes near the Capture Point, but they regardless make champions with knockback abilities ideal for easy eliminations, as well as punishing Champions that lack flight/teleportation abilities who are therefore susceptible to being launched off the map without having any sort of means for recovery...
Once the point is captured by either team, these gates will lower during the "Payload Push" phase. After the round ends, the gates close. This limits how much a defending team can zone, and allows attackers get back to the payload faster.
- Two unknown symbols appears on this map. It is unknown what these symbols are supposed to represent. The red symbol can also be found on Snowfall Junction.
- Symbols reminiscent of Io can be seen near the spawn rooms on both sides. It is unknown what, if any, connection this may have with the Followers of Io.
- This map was initially part of a larger one called Glacier Keep. This map was divided into Frozen Guard and Ice Mines.
- The old version of Frozen Guard can be seen in the distance from this map, as shown here.
- Similarly, Ice Mines could also be seen from the old version of Frozen Guard as well.
- During the Open Beta 64 update, many maps had various props added to their spawn rooms to build up hype for the introduction of lore. For Ice Mines, this included Resistance banners, as well as various supplies. This can be seen in-game here.
- Shooting the lights located in the spawn rooms with certain champions (such as Terminus) reveals a pattern on the lights.