This map has a mirrored layout and is designed for 2 teams of 5 players. The bases are located at opposite ends of the map.
Trials of the Realm Bio:
"The Archives contain far more than dusty tomes and antique scrolls. It houses histories and magics long forgotten by the Realm, insights to the nature of the Abyss, and some of the more enigmatic discoveries of the Deepwerks."
These can be found only on the flank routes near the Capture Point, but they regardless make champions with knockback abilities ideal for easy eliminations, as well as punishing Champions that lack flight/teleportation abilities who are therefore susceptible to being launched off the map without having any sort of means for recovery...
Gallery After Rework
Gallery Before Rework
- Prior to the visual rework, a torn sleeve can be seen near a shattered glass container; this sleeve being the one missing from Maeve's coat. This easter egg can be seen here.
- Another easter egg in the old version of the map involves a blue book featuring ice motifs, snow, and blue particles that's featured on a shelf behind a broken glass door, which can be seen here. It's unknown if this has any connection with Evie or Elementals.
- The visually reworked version of this map features the first 3D appearances of Karne and Valera, albeit as statues.
- A modified Magistrate symbol can be seen on banners around the map. It's suspected this is the logo of the Shadow Tribunal, though this not been officially confirmed.
- Various papers can be seen around the map, containing images of various Abyssal related objects, such as seemingly Seris' weapon.
- During the Open Beta 64 update, many maps had various props added to their spawn rooms to build up hype for the introduction of lore. For Magistrate's Archives, this included various supplies, as well as two posters, one showing Old Viktor alongside a Magistrate symbol with text that reads "Defend the Realm", while another shows a sword hilt, with "Peace" being written on the top, and "Order" being written on the bottom. This can be seen in-game here and here.
- Vivian and Corvus's teaser trailers take place on this map, Vivian's the old version, Corvus' the modern version.
- The old version of the map also makes an appearance in Raum's teaser trailer.
- The reworked version of this map appears in Corvus' cards Grand Design and Unexpected, as well as in Yagorath's cards Last Efforts and Extermination. The old version of this map also appears in Yagorath's card Raze and Burn.