Ranked is a system in Paladins designed to provide higher quality matches for competitive players. The current season of competitive play is Season 4, which began on February 3rd, 2021. This Seasons are divided into Splits. Each Split has a duration between 3 and 4 months.
Description[edit | edit source]
Welcome to Paladins Ranked. Paladins' in-game competitive mode will now allow players to progress as an account through each tier from Bronze to Grandmaster. As you play, you'll gain Triumph Points (or TP), and once you pass 100 TP in your current division, you are immediately promoted to the next division! If you are performing exceptionally in your current division, you may skip forward a few divisions when you're promoted.
Now is a great time to start your placement matches. During placements you can queue with one friend and depending on your performance you'll be placed in an appropriate division!
Ranked tiers and divisions[edit | edit source]
Tiers[edit | edit source]
Ranked has several tiers that players can be placed in, from Bronze to Grandmaster. Players without a tier will be set as Qualifying. Winning games will grant Triumph Points (TP). Earning 100 TP while on the last division of a tier will ascend the player into the next tier.
Divisions[edit | edit source]
Each tier, from Bronze to Diamond, is divided in 5 divisions. Earning 100 TP will cause the player to be promoted to the next division.
Information[edit | edit source]
- The game mode played in Ranked is Siege.
- Players are required to be at account level 15 and have at least 12 owned champions to access Ranked, champions in Free-Rotation do not count.
- During champion selection, each team can ban 2 champions so that neither team can use them. Additionally, the latest champion releases will be automatically banned for 2 weeks. Pick phase lasts 45s while the ban phase lasts 40s. An additional "bonus" of 40s will be added to each team if a player has not selected a champion past the pick phase. The 40s are shared throughout all team members.
- Players must play 5 qualifier matches to be assigned into a tier.
- While in Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum tiers, players may queue together in groups of up to 5.
- While in Diamond, Master and Grandmaster tiers, players may queue together in groups of up to 2.
- Diamond Players may queue with Platinum tier players.
- Master and Grandmaster tiers have no divisions.
- Players in Gold tier or higher who lose matches or remain absent from Ranked for too long will lose TP, and eventually will be demoted to the previous division/tier. The decay stops at Gold 5.
- Players can reward other players who show positive attitudes in the community with Commendations. Commendation points and rewards reset every Ranked Season.
Ranked Map Rotation[edit | edit source]
Each update, maps will either be in the Active, or Reserved, Map pool. Reserved maps will not appear while playing ranked during that update. Each new update will see some maps rotated in between the Active and Reserved pools.
Current Reserved Maps
Rewards[edit | edit source]
There are several special rewards that can be earned for playing Ranked matches. Each season has its own exclusive rewards, with some rewards being tied to each split. Below the rewards of the current season are listed.
Season 4[edit | edit source]
Split 1[edit | edit source]
- Treasure Chest: Gold Chest
- Play 15 Ranked matches
- Limited Avatar: Self-Sufficient
- Play 25 Ranked matches
Scoreboard rewards[edit | edit source]
Players can earn Crystals by ending a season on Grandmaster leaderboard.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Intro to Ranked[edit | edit source]
Dev Update - Season 3[edit | edit source]