The Resistance (aka Paladins) is a rebel group in the world of Paladins. The Resistance was formed after those who opposed the Magistrate's decision of banning crystals from commoners, came together as one. The group rallied behind the leader of the former Paladins, Valera, and together they fight for the free usage of crystals.
- As mentioned here, the Resistance isn't, nor ever was, intended to be more heroic than the Magistrate. The Resistance being painted in a more positive light comes from how the earlier days of the lore were more focused on the Resistance's point of view, as well as how the Magistrate in general, received more attention brought to their actions.
- While the Magistrate generally does not think fondly of the Resistance, the same holds true in reverse, with the Resistance viewing the Magistrate as an authoritarian group taking crystals away from the citizens who have no power, who the Resistance attempts to fight for.
- In the end, it's left to the individual to decide which of the two groups, if either, they believe is more in the right.
- The Resistance doesn't technically have control over any territory in the Realm, though Greenwood has "largely shifted to the Resistance". The Resistance also doesn't have much influence in Marauder's Port and the Lunar Coast.
- Grover and Makoa were revealed to have joined the Resistance in The Fight of Shattered Desert, however, it is unknown why they joined.
- It's also unknown why Buck and Koga joined the Resistance.
- Evie was confirmed to be with the Resistance here, alongside Pip being revealed as a partial member.
- Jenos, Io, Atlas, and Imani have all been seen fighting alongside the Resistance, though their main goal is to prevent the Darkness from being released, and are uninterested in the war.
- During the Battle Suit Battle Pass, this challenge was available: "Slay 14 different Paladins Champions". So during the patch 2.1 14 playable champions were officially assigned to the Resistance (Paladins).
- Despite some hints at Moji joining the Resistance, such as in the Dark Tides lore cinematic, it's confirmed here that Moji is more neutral.
- Oddly, during the End Times event where champions were divided between Magistrate and Resistance, Barik, Cassie, Evie, Furia, Grover, Koga, Inara, and Talus were not available as Resistance champions.
- As also shown during the End Times event, Kinessa, Maeve, Ruckus and Seris were available for both the Magistrate and Resistance. The former two are thought to possibly have been hired, though the latter two's reasons are unknown.
- Maeve was also seen on the Resistance's side during the Siege of Ascension Peak event.