This map has mirrored layouts and is designed for 2 teams of 5 players. There is a Capture Point in the middle. The bases are located at opposite ends of the map.
Trials of the Realm Bio:
"Serpent Beach is among few Ska'drin ruins still standing along the mainland coast. Its silent stones tell the sorrowful story of its long-removed inhabitants. No wonder it seems to always be under perpetual night."
As can be seen in Trials of the Realm, Serpent Beach is also part of a larger area known as the 'Temple Isles', alongside Frog Isle and Jaguar Falls, as well as Primal Court, as can be seen in both maps of the Realm.
The waters that surround this map are deadly to the touch and have the same kill mechanics as those of a cliff ledge, making champions with knockback abilities ideal for easy eliminations. Champions that lack flight/teleportation abilities are susceptible to being launched off the map without having any sort of means for recovery...
- Serpent Beach originally looked and played a bit differently prior to Open Beta 38, most notably featuring the map during the daytime. The old version of Serpent Beach can be seen here.
- This map was initially part of a larger one called Temple Isle. It was divided into Frog Isle, Jaguar Falls, and Serpent Beach.
- This map can be seen from the old version of Jaguar Falls, as shown here, and here.
- This also holds true for the reworked version of Jaguar Falls, as can be seen here. Oddly, Frog Isle retains its old appearance.
- The old version of Jaguar Falls can be seen from this map as well, as shown here.
- Both this map and the old version of Jaguar Falls were somewhat visible on the older version of Frog Isle as well, as can be seen here.
- The same holds true for the reworked version of Frog Isle as well.
- The old version of Frog Isle is also visible on this map, as can be seen here.
- During the Open Beta 64 update, many maps had various props added to their spawn rooms to build up hype for the introduction of lore. For Serpent Beach, this included various supplies. This can be seen in-game here.
- This map appears in Raum's card Fanning the Flames, as well as Jenos' splash art.
- Ash and Terminus' teaser trailers take place on this map.