Description[edit | edit source]
This map is one of the few maps with a rotated layout, unlike most maps, having a mirrored layout. The map has a unique design, with the two sides having different appearances that distinguishes them. Like all other siege maps, There is a Capture Point in the middle. The bases are located at opposite ends of the map.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trials of the Realm Bio:
"Far from the wars that plagued the north, the Shattered Desert had kept its peace for centuries. To this day, the people of the Desert live by the light of the cosmos and worship the Moon Goddess Io."
Long ago, the moon was whole. It was united like the Realm once was. But then it shattered, broken, into thousands of pieces. Some shards fell to the Realm. And where they landed, they killed all that they touched, turning a once lush forest into the Shattered Desert. A group of martial warriors was formed, and they vowed to protect this location, where chaos was now sealed away.
Until the day came one of the warriors would release the chaos, believing her goddess to have abandoned her. With the seal broken, the Shattered Desert now serves as a reminder of where this catastrophe all started. This information comes from Io's teaser trailer and Vora's bio.
As can be seen in Trials of the Realm, the Shattered Desert is part of a larger area known as the 'Lunar Coast', alongside Ascension Peak and the Thousand Hands Guild, with Bazaar also being nearby, as can be seen in the official map of the Realm.
Special Feature(s)[edit | edit source]
Burning Ground[edit | edit source]
This map does not have a strict vertical limit. To prevent champions with vertical movement abilities from camping on the rocks, there are burning grounds that deals Damage over Time. Parts of the map boundary are also made of this burning ground. This burning ground appears exclusively on this map at the moment.
Quicksand[edit | edit source]
Quicksand reduce the player's movement speed. Quicksand appears exclusively on this map at the moment.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A faint image of Luna, Io's familiar, can occasionally be seen in both spawn rooms.
- As shown here, there was originally going to be somewhat more vegetation in this map.
- A large skeleton can be seen in the distance of this map, possibly belonging to a deceased dragon.
- This map appears in a number of Vora and Yagorath's cards, as well as Octavia's cards Overwhelming Force and Vantage Point.
- Atlas, Vora, and Yagorath's teaser trailers all feature this map.
- This map could be played in the test map queue as Deathgate before release.